Monday, June 20, 2011

Kitchen Remodel - The 6th and Final Chapter

The old kitchen
That was it. The whole thing. This was what I was using to feed a family of six three meals a day, make homemade playdo and do Costello Chemistry (I mean, homeschool science projects). If the kitchen is the heart of the home,we were in sore need of cardiac rehab.

Here is what we have been blessed with after the blood, sweat and tears - and that, I can say in good conscience.

This is exact same shot as the 'before' above.






It has form and function! There is plenty of food and gadget storage and cooking and cleaning have never been so efficient. It is comfortable, bright and makes it so easy to all be together in the space, which is so important in a little house. Ethan loves to color at the breakfast bar while Dennis is watching sports, while the baby builds blocks on the floor, while I, you know, cook & clean stuff.

I was going to wait to take these pics until the permits could be pulled off the windows and I got some curtains. I was going to wash the dishes and shine up the stainless steel surfaces. Then I decided against it.

May this kitchen always have footprints on the floor, because it means I have healthy kids running around on it, may there always be a sink full of dishes, because it means we have meals to share, may there always be handprints on the glass door, and smudges on the counters, and crumbs under the chairs - because it means we are using this space in the way that it was meant to be used - not pretending it's page in a magazine.

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I'm so happy to see it all turn out so well. Looking back at what it looked like when me and Mr. Wilcox worked on it and looking at it now is incredible! Glad to hear all is well.

    ~Sean D.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, Agter the remodel, Than the your kitchen look very beautiful. I think you are doing great work with your kitchen. It is comfortable, bright and makes it so easy to all be together in the space, which is so important in a little house. Thanks to sharing a nice post.
    Lake Placid Vacation Rentals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about kitchen remodeler in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about kitchen remodeler. Keep it up! This is a good read. You have such an interesting and informative page.
    Kitchen remodeling is not only an aesthetically pleasing renovation for your home, but also a great investment with tremendous resale value. Kitchens are considered the center of the home. Besides its obvious use of cooking and eating, in today’s modern home, the kitchen is often times the central gathering area. Kitchens can also be the main showpiece of a home.

    kitchen remodeler in essex

    ReplyDelete