Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Non-post

I guess writer's (real ones) call it 'writer's block'. Do blogger's get 'blogger's block'? I do like the alliteration, but don't like that I have nothing to blog about. I mean it's not like there's NOTHING to blog about. I just don't know how to say it.

I don't have the literary prowess to paint the proper picture of Ethan and his friends celebrating at a Sweet Sixteen party. It was lavish and loud with all the trappings of a great party. There was couple dancing, a great DJ, a dance battle, drama, tears, cake, candy, laughter and the....well, 'typical' stuff. Seeing Ethan and his friends in that setting was fantastic.



I wouldn't know how to tell you about the boys immersing themselves in Egyptian culture, crafts, myths, documentaries and activities. We are listening to the Story of the World audio book. We could probably be moving faster, but as I said, Mikey & Gavin are stuck in Egypt. And Archeology. And ants. Ants are just random.





I can't figure out how to describe the family game night that required that I find a couple of board games that our whole family could play together. Do you get that? If I can't figure out how to include the two-year, we may as well not even try to have game night. Oh, the pressure!! But I perservered, and we ended up with Sorry Sliders, Booby Trap, and Uno.



I don't even know what to say about the weather. I don't know how to tell you that while lots of people are talking about 'crisp' air, I am beginning to feel the chill that will herald the cold. When it comes to the seasons, I am not optimistic. I am still lucid enough to know that I cannot stop it, and winter will follow fall.  What I can tell you, is that I will try to squeeze a few happy drops out of the last of any temperate weather we may have.

Other than that, like I said, I don't know what to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment