Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Kitchen Remodel - Installment #3

And...we have windows!

And all kinds of electrical receptacles, and plumbing and insulation, but I guess that's not as flashy as new windows, huh? What I find really stressful is making a life-long committment (no, for your information, I don't think that's too dramatic) to the finishes in my kitchen using what you see here below.

A square foot of flooring, one cabinet face and a piece of granite the size of my palm. If you can picture an entire kitchen done in those finshes then lah-di-dah! I can't see it. But I am trying. I take turns kicking different pieces of flooring around and then putting the cabinet and granite next to it. I guess at some point, you need to jump!

I picked a good range and a good refrigerator - only I don't think they look good together. How do I weigh function and form!?! Dennis tells me a still need to pick other major appliances, a sink (and how it will be oriented), faucets, hardware, lighting and paint. Anyone want to do it for me?

Until then I am mastering the art of cooking on the dining room table.


Step 1

Step 2
Step 3
Step 4
After I cook, I put my dishes in my makeshift "sink". Then I shamlessly drop the whole pan off at my mom's house to be washed. Nice, right?

You might also like:

Kitchen Remodel - Installment #1

Kitchen Remodel - Installment #2

3 comments:

  1. i really love this kind of sink..
    http://www.rohlhome.com/common/apps/_proddisp.asp?id=1485
    called a fire clay apron sink :)...


    Love your choices, cabinets and granite... what type of floor did you decide to go with... Are you making pete do 1 perfect sheet of vinyl? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Keep it up! This is a good read. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about kitchen remodel in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about kitchen remodel. Another strategy is to "do it yourself" (DIY). 67% of homeowners report they will do some work themselves when they remodel according to the Remodeling Sentiment Report. Several major American retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowes, specialize in selling materials and tools for DIY home improvement. These stores host classes and carry numerous books to teach customers how to do the work themselves. DIY websites also provide information, in the form of how-to videos, articles and step-by-step instructions.
    Since we have found that a precise design is best accomplished through the process of elimination from many selected items, options and wishes, we have the experience that can bring you whatever you desire for your dream kitchen.

    kitchen remodeler in hamilton

    ReplyDelete